In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1puerta mosquitera femenino
- Startled by a vehicle, Manny Babbitt ran for cover, and tore through the screen door of the first house he came to.
- Eddie watched from behind the screen door as the insects flew through the air.
- From behind me, I heard low murmurs and the sound of the screen door slapping shut.
- The words were barely out of her mouth before the back screen door slammed shut and the two were off to play.
- I ran up the steps, opened the screen door, then turned the handle to the front door and pushed.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.