- That doesn't explain older screenwriters who choose to write about the trials and tribulations of the young.
- He thinks that he was able to write this film because he's at a different time in his life than most screenwriters.
- The screenwriters stay close to the central relationship, without losing touch with the freedom of thought amongst the Mexican intelligentsia.
- It does this without ever becoming overly dramatic or sentimental - a trait that many of Hollywood's screenwriters would do well to note.
- Ask people to name a contemporary screenwriter and even some of the most ardent film buffs might be left scratching their heads.