In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- These included creative directors, market researchers, scriptwriters and storyboard artists.
- Directors, scriptwriters, cinematographers, set designers and the rest had to make hard decisions - to work with the enemy, or not work at all.
- Someone implied it reduced the role of the scriptwriter, but it's the contrary - the confidence and the skill to be able to use this type of cinema shows confidence in your writing and is unusual.
- Did the scriptwriters think, ‘Oh, we can just make it funny later?’
- By this stage, the scriptwriters are into their fourteenth magic mushroom, as the plot ricochets between schizophrenia and plain stoopid.
- Warfare, whether small-scale or large-scale, does not follow neat timelines nor obey the sensibilities of scriptwriters.
- The film crew is free to go, but the scriptwriter is sentenced to thirty days of scraping up road kill.
- In that sense, you obviously worked closely with scriptwriters, etc.
- There is a rule of thumb amongst movie buffs: the more scriptwriters the worse the picture.
- And then, this meeting between Australian scriptwriters and funding bodies, which took place last year, comes to mind.
- In that case, the scriptwriter will have to tell a journey of initiation, or heroic journey, which will also be the account of this character's development.
- From what is cinematically a great central idea, the scriptwriters don't half strangle the film's potential, eliminating any shade between the bad and good guys.
- American scriptwriters, too, simply dwarf even the best French writers.
- In the end, it comes down to the whim of the director and the scriptwriter's secret stash.
- And its recent past is not fraught with the kind of conflicts that scriptwriters drool over.
- And I sure as hell ain't cheering for yet another whiz-bang computer nerd whose whole job is to magically fill in plot holes the scriptwriters couldn't figure out.
- That, I said, was the scriptwriter's sudden realization that they were running out of time really quickly and needed to wrap things up in a hurry.
- Pygmalion was the first of three Shaw adaptations that he was to direct, and the first film on which the great dramatist himself worked as scriptwriter.
- She graduates high school at the beginning of the film, so either she's been driving without a license, or the scriptwriters weren't paying attention.
- I am quite conscious of the various approaches to characterisation, and where I fit into that as a scriptwriter.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.