In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(meal) para chuparse los dedos coloquial(meal) de rechupete coloquial
- Head chef Craig Rushworth has conjured up a menu full of scrumptious food that is almost impossible to choose from.
- Combine kiwis in a fruit salad with scrumptious strawberries (which were reputed to contain a love potion by medieval gardeners) and see what happens!
- Instead of celebrating this joyous time of the year with scrumptious food, sweets and gifts, they remain in their shacks, treating it like just another day.
- The Buttery in Glasgow will be especially missed - all warm glows and scrumptious food.
- The class was fun, the people were great, and the food was scrumptious.
- It consisted of an excellent party with the most scrumptious food, fruit and minerals, tea and all sorts of goodies served.
- You gotta give it to Will Smith - he knows how to make a summer blockbuster… and he's just scrumptious in that nude shower scene.
- A sight of a scrumptious slice of cake or temptation-laced chocolate is enough to veer away the most enthusiastic fitness freak.
- As we prepared to leave, the waitress brought what looked like a scrumptious strawberry cheesecake to another couple next to us.
- The steak and kidney pie, an old-time scrumptious dish which has not lost its popularity, is there along with the Lamb Cutlets Reform.
- Today, though, we had Sunday lunch at the hotel in the village, and I had the most scrumptious pasta dish.
- The food was scrumptious and the band, Highway 66, created the party mood.
- And, of course, there is Carol Vorderman who doesn't look bad from any angle, but lying on a sofa in a tight Donna Karan outfit and spiked boots she is positively scrumptious.
- All of these scrumptious dishes are low fat, protein-rich versions of high-fat comfort foods, so go ahead and indulge without guilt!
- Refuelling at lunchtime consisted of rounds of scrumptious sandwiches and cake, with tea and coffee on tap.
- It was a wonderful space to explode into music and the food was scrumptious; good winter food.
- Both vegetarian and non vegetarian pizzas are absolutely scrumptious.
- Around 35 children from four to 11 years of age participated in making scrumptious cheese pizzas and learning how to eat them using cutlery.
- Katrina had already dug her way through the table and was lavishly plundering the scrumptious food before us.
- In downtown black, by turns diffident, mischievous, impulsive, even arrogant, she's scrumptious, and the sheep aren't.
- You can never go wrong by serving chocolate chip cookies - they work as well in a scrumptious dessert with ice cream as a school lunchbox.
- Hope always seems to spring eternal in this perfectly-sized college town, which boasts great weather, lively music and scrumptious food.
- They eat the pasta noodles with scrumptious apples, oranges, and chopped carrots.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.