1(close examination)examen masculinohis methods will not bear close scrutiny — sus métodos no resistirán un examen riguroso
- the report is now under scrutiny — el informe está siendo analizado minuciosamente
- The Hutton and Butler scrutinies called into question whether the obligation was being fully secured.
- In response to all the above-mentioned cases, I published critical scrutinies of Korpi's assertions.
- The group entered the store, Vicki only vaguely aware of Cora and Andy's chatter and Wil's long, sidelong scrutinies.
- She then preceded him from the sitting room, allowing nothing to show on her expression save calm due to his continued sidelong scrutinies.
- This might have been because there was nothing on the end of the line except a lead sinker, but that interesting anomaly wasn't visible to the observers, even with the keenest of scrutinies, so they were left unknowing.
- He might read Michael Buckley's magisterial study of scientific scrutinies of religion ever since the Enlightenment.
- The small percipient eyes are screwed up, and wrinkled from his repeated minute scrutinies.