In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- While the fish was perfectly cooked and beautifully moist, the ragout was so pungently fishy that it overwhelmed the more delicate sea bream.
- Despite their name, sea bream do not particularly resemble their freshwater name-sakes.
- For example, tarakihi is called sea bream or morwong and silver warehou, gemfish.
- I had the pan-flared fillet of sea bream with a crispy edge and a moist interior.
- For our starters we opted for oak smoked salmon with chives, and sea bream.
- A good fillet of sea bream was rather overwhelmed by a quilt of very salty black olive paste and the grilled eel in a herb crust was also a little heavy-handed.
- This means that dishes such as sea bream with orange and chilli, or teryaki stir-fry, are increasingly available.
- The shop also has a wide range of seafood including tiger prawns, mussels, sea bream and breaded crab claws.
- Seen by many as harbingers of climate change, octopus, sea bream, sunfish, turtles, and other marine creatures associated with warmer waters are turning up with increasing regularity.
- The roasted sea bream came on the bone and was served with roasted red pepper and lightly spiced chorizo for €23.50.
- Angela's sea bream was large enough to have fed us both and a small party of friends, ditto my lobster linguine.
- Thousands more trout, sea bass, sea bream and cod that lived and died in captivity were also eaten.
- Be won over by his pressed terrine of corn-fed chicken, scallops, risotto, sea bream with linguine and fishcakes with a chive beurre blanc.
- In a separate section, the report reveals that farmed halibut, sea bass and sea bream can suffer from severe cataracts when reared intensively, causing blindness and corneal bleeding.
- Here, I have combined it with breadcrumbs and parsley to make a delicious crust for grilled fish such as whiting, lemon sole or sea bream.
- The setting is spectacular, and the largely old-fashioned cooking (battered sea bream with tartare sauce, sticky toffee pudding etc) is enhanced by an excellent wine list.
- The dorades (which I have found are the equivalent of sea bream, of the porgy family) were on sale, and I bought two for a grand total of 7 euros.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.