1nutria de mar femenino
- The sea otter's range was restricted to the North Pacific basin, at least from the Pleistocene onward.
- Attempts in 2003 to delist the southern sea otter as threatened were not successful.
- Hunting during the 18th and 19th centuries greatly reduced the distribution of the sea otter.
- A few other carnivores, such as the sea otter, are also specialized for life in the oceans.
- In the north, the sea otter is thriving in areas off Alaska and British Columbia, and a translocated group off Washington State is growing.
- We went whale watching and saw two grey whales spurting in unison, dolphins, more sea lions and a sea otter.