In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1trucha marina femenino
- In the past the name game fishing was given to describe the taking of trout, sea trout and salmon by fly fishing.
- Forget stockies or naturally reproducing brown trout, saltwater sea trout are a race apart.
- On the Moy Estuary very high tides restricted sea trout fishing at the end of the week.
- The findings follow a two-year study in the western Highlands where wild sea trout share coastal waters with penned salmon.
- Conditions were perfect and I was able to get afloat every day catching sea trout and lady fish.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.