In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(paint, varnish)tapaporos masculino
- Dry thoroughly, then apply an acrylic sealer or three coats of lemon oil.
- The grout can then be sealed with penetrating grout sealers to minimize future stain problems.
- One coat of a penetrating sealer can give satisfactory performance, but two coats are generally better.
- We've also put epoxy sealers on the cement floors, which keeps dust down.
- Depending on the type of masonry sealer, some will also work to seal concrete slabs.
- Waxes or acrylic sealers are commonly used for this.
- The sleeve is mounted on a standard match barrel by threading and epoxy sealers.
- Masonry sealers are not intended for use on asphalt, glazed ceramic tile or on wooden surfaces.
- After sufficient curing the new grout should be sealed with a good penetrating sealer.
- Before staining, you may want to apply a special wood sealer to the flooring.
- Chipping the concrete protects against the possibility that a concrete sealer had been applied without your knowledge.
- For already painted drywall surfaces, sand repaired areas and spot prime with a quality latex wall sealer.
- Do not use sanding sealer before using a polyurethane finish.
- According to experts, linoleum must be protected with a water-based sealer / finish.
- Application of an acrylic concrete sealer is a relatively easy two-step process.
- Penetrating sealers can be brushed, sprayed, or rolled into the surface.
- The first time I used a water-based sealer that turned a milky color after 3 months.
- For plaster surfaces, use acrylic or latex wall sealer.
- The other alternative is to use a concrete sealer on the exposed surfaces.
- Some wood sealers are colored and stain and seal the floor in one application.
1(person)cazador de focas masculinocazadora de focas femenino
- Shipped from England to Port Jackson, he served seven years for theft, but later became a sealer, earning enough to buy into his first ship.
- Sealers came from all over the world to exploit the animal resources on the islands from 1803.
- Those reports also found a wide readership among other explorers, and the southern ocean soon teemed with whalers and sealers from all over the world.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.