In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1en segundo lugar
- This is mal-practice for two reasons, people use their phones and secondly fill up their bins.
- Firstly, he picked them up, and secondly, only turned around under duress.
- Firstly I don't feel either tactic would work, and secondly I think the price of petrol is still too low.
- A business, secondly, must earn the going cost of capital on all the money in the business.
- But secondly, I think it comes back to this piece: we have to teach people management and at the moment we do not.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.