In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- If small churches and dissenting sects thrived in the slums, the great current was active or passive disbelief.
- Well, we are still bickering about the rights of the sects of Christianity within our constitution.
- Did you know that Hasidic Jews are considered a mystical sect of Judaism?
- Later, the contemplation on the nine stages became associated with the Zen sect that focused on meditation practice.
- For instance, there were families, which did not mind much about the brides and bridegrooms belonging to different sects.
- The main sects of the Islamic religion practiced in this region are Sunni and Shi'a.
- Christians had gone astray and corrupted the God's scriptures by dividing into different sects and beliefs.
- Sadhus belong to many different sects or orders.
- She also turned to Catholicism and various Christian sects at this time in her search for truth.
- In the U.S., some Protestant fundamentalist sects still ban any shaking of your money maker.
- The teachings of these splinter sects did not catch on in any significant way among the Jews.
- From about 100 to 337, the Church in the Empire remained an illegal and persecuted sect.
- Now: imagine that X is not a religion, but a sect within a religion.
- Most of the Korean Buddhists sects were founded after the liberation from the Japanese in 1945.
- Christianity originated in the Middle East and was originally a sect of Judaism.
- I have visions of his being arrested and incarcerated indefinitely by the Americans, or joining a fundamentalist Sunni sect.
- He rattled off the names of various Muslim sects, both Shia and Sunni.
- In fact there are groups of vampires that celebrate each religion, all sects of Christianity included.
- The couple have become devotees of the mystical sect of Judaism - Kabbalah.
- One sect believes gay marriage is against religion, so ban it.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.