In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- There is a difference between lechery and seduction.
- Wine has also had a long association with the art of seduction.
- A magazine editor who has lived in Hollywood for many years, he has witnessed first-hand how corrupting seduction can be.
- This is no lesson in morality, but an invitation to seduction.
- Whether it was Halloween or Christmas, she always had a bright, toothy smile on her face and the look of sheer seduction in her eyes.
- Elsewhere on the video, she silently mimes emotional states that range from fear and sadness to seduction.
- It was the curtain and her husband's fears and warnings which alerted her to the presence of a possible source of seduction.
- How does one contain power that flows not from coercion but seduction?
- The four players skilfully acted out very different scenes, playing with universal images of rejection, seduction and romance.
- Snakes are an important symbol of power and seduction.
- It's a mission which looks dangerously like seduction as she hangs around gazing calf-like at the older man, who reacts with a panicky cold sweat.
- The latter used to be called seduction - but seduction is now seen as a crime that we had simply failed to recognise.
- Control over others, through processes of possession, domination, and seduction, are the main mechanisms at work here.
- It gives you a simple style with a touch of feminine seduction.
- A valuable weapon in the armoury of seduction, it covers a multitude of sins, including wrinkles and blemishes.
- The only time seduction doesn't involve warmth and feeling, says Greene, is when it is performed by a coquette.
- Here, she turns her microscope on a male lover hopelessly addicted to serial seduction and romantic self-absorption.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.