In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- During our stay, we passed many street level apartments and houses that had only see-through lace curtains in the windows.
- Mom comes downstairs minutes later with a short, short miniskirt and a see-through shirt.
- She also wore a pink see-through sweater with a black tank underneath.
- Turn up the heat with a smoky eye created with shimmery cream shadow or see-through powder.
- I have very long hair and wear a see-through lace shirt over a bra.
- I'll wear anything whether it's see-through or not.
- I liked the colours and pattern and of course I will wear something underneath as I was never one to wear a see-through top with just a bra underneath.
- Retailers will love it, though, because the see-through packaging tube is small, attractive and different.
- I recall a period in the late 1960s when festively decorated bras worn under see-through tops were all the rage.
- Worn without stays or hoops, this see-through dress was instantly popular, though some matrons equated it with loose morality.
- The national press was quick to seize, too, on pictures of Kate at a student fashion show wearing a see-through dress.
- You laced it up at the back, and it was sort of see-through.
- The latest collection includes delicate see-through dresses and tops featuring raw hems and ruche detailing.
- The gown has long see-through sleeves and is a turtle neck.
- She took it off and underneath she was wearing a see-through blouse.
- Today, at the mall, Jillian didn't wear mini skirts and tops that were see-through.
- How can I tell in a store if a suit will be see-through once it's wet?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.