In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1semillero masculinoalmácigo masculino
- Some may argue that it is a waste of money because a good seedbed needs to be created for good germination.
- The freezing and thawing action on clay, silty clay, and silty clay loam soils tilled in the fall or winter to produce stale seedbeds usually have excellent seedbeds for early no-till spring planting.
- Specially designed planters are capable of planting precisely in the resulting seedbed, and such systems are suitable for many Ohio farms.
- Cover the seeds with 1/4 inch of soil, and keep the seedbed moist but not soggy.
- Seedlings are usually raised from seed in nursery seedbeds.
- Roll with a heavy, water-filled lawn roller to make a firm seedbed.
- That's why we recommend you plant in anticipation of rainfall in your area, and if rains don't come, water to keep your seedbed moist until your seedlings are established.
- Remember to prepare the seedbed well, and water the lawn thoroughly.
- Water the seedbed thoroughly with a fine spray.
- Conventional alfalfa plantings involve several tillage operations to prepare a seedbed, followed by drilling the alfalfa seed.
- More than anything, the prolifically seeding cottonwood needs flooding to prepare a fertile seedbed.
- Rake and level tilled soil, then roll to make a firm seedbed.
- For example, if crows eat your seeds, lay chicken wire on top of the newly planted seedbed.
- It seems that no matter how well-prepared the seedbed is, when it comes time to cover a direct-seeded row, there are too many clods or lumps of soil.
- Spray the seedbed very lightly with water, then keep the soil evenly moist during growth.
- If the seedbed is loose and the seed would be placed in loose soil, consider delaying seeding until there is enough moisture to firm the seedbed.
- This suggests that if newly germinated seedlings in seedbeds were exposed to low water potentials which were later relieved by rain or irrigation, then emergence could be delayed without necessarily increasing seedling losses.
- I rationalize that the extra effort of watering is balanced by it being easier to transplant from a flat than from a garden seedbed.
- Deeper drilling and finer seedbeds, rolled where we could, should help minimize slugs.
- Growers who planted early also had difficulty firming the seedbed because of dry soil conditions.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.