1onda sísmica femenino
- Earthquakes set off seismic waves in the earth.
- For three years, the seismometers recorded how seismic waves from hundreds of earthquakes worldwide bounced through the mantle.
- In seismic reflection surveying, seismic waves are propagated through the subsurface and the travel times are measured of those waves that return to the surface after reflection at geological surfaces.
- If it does not, fault initiation may depend on additional transient stresses associated with seismic waves from local earthquakes that cause the stress state to rise above the initial failure envelope.
- Just as seismic waves travel through Earth, infrasonic waves travel through the air.