In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- A few selections purely for the purposes of self-abasement follow.
- It involves, onstage or off, complete self-abasement and (again whether in life or on stage) is very painful.
- Each character, from the children to the elders, responds to Grace's self-abasement by enacting the expected role of brute in their own particular way.
- Sam would be kept away from pop music and television but would study the viola as a salutary form of self-abasement.
- What's conservative about demanding people submit to public self-abasement?
- The result was a lengthy and noisy competition in self-abasement and mutual re-assurance.
- By exacerbating the contradiction between self-determination and self-abasement, the way was cleared for an epochal resolution.
- The self-abasement, you'll have noticed, is rhetorical.
- These are matters which have, to be sure, the appearance of wisdom in self-made religion and self-abasement and severe treatment of the body, but are of no value against fleshly indulgence.
- Their regiment was then disbanded in disgrace - a uniquely Canadian act of self-abasement for which, naturally, the Canadians received no international credit.
- I realized that this self-abasement or internalized moralistic rebuke was what I had been writing about from the very beginning.
- From clinical examinations, most NE children suffer from mental problems such as depression, self-abasement and difficulties in dealing with personal relations.
- Is she bowed down before God in prostration of need, in conscious dejection of unworthiness, in passionate self-abasement and desire for that renewal which comes through renunciation?
- They incorrectly insist on self-abasement, worship of angels, and the centrality of visions.
- Voluntary self-abasement is also a trait of a showman
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.