In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The company's ThinkTop system can be used for all sanitary valves and features a wide range of interface modules, external signals, maintenance indication, and is self-adjusting.
- The critical message of Keynes was that modern economies are not self-adjusting.
- To eat, an animal must place its neck near the collaring mechanism, which releases a flexible, self-adjusting collar similar to flea collars worn by cats and dogs.
- The Tru-Trak suspension system has automobile-style struts and self-adjusting rack-and-pinion steering.
- Quality magnetic catches feature a floating or self-adjusting action to ensure proper alignment and contact.
- You can imagine why a dynamic, self-adjusting system cannot be governed by a static, unbending policy.
- You can throw any notion of a self-adjusting and correcting system out the window.
- The FX Series is an automatic self-cleaning, reversible, self-adjusting (in-motion variable-pitch), hydraulically activated fan system for heavy equipment.
- Its levels are homeostatically maintained inside the living cell, where the self-adjusting mechanisms for maintaining GSH are numerous.
- Economic profits and prudent lending were, in conjunction, self-adjusting mechanisms, not repealing the business cycle but at least suppressing boom and bust dynamics.
- In such a model, given some flexibility of prices and money wages, the self-adjusting mechanism would return the economy to full employment after a demand shock that was not too large.
- In addition, framers would have to adjust for the thickness of the boards they were using while today's models are self-adjusting.
- The gas system is self-adjusting, utterly simple, reliable and easy to clean and maintain.
- Using a self-adjusting and self-induced hold, it secures textiles of different thicknesses, weights and lengths.
- On the other hand, flexible exchange rates offer a self-adjusting mechanism to correct a balance of payments problem and boost a country s flagging competitiveness.
- The self-adjusting vest will position the protective plates about five centimeters from the torso, to reduce chest injuries or bruising in the event that the wearer is hit.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.