In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1seguro de sí mismo
- The competition was just incredibly tough, as one after another we met 25 confident and self-assured young women.
- Al was calm and self-assured, and Sam could see that confidence rubbing off on Beckett.
- Peggy had a self-assured ease that others likewise found attractive.
- She's beautiful and confident and self-assured, and when can I start voting for her already?
- My philosophy is to create a nurturing environment where all students feel confident and self-assured.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.