In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Some systems filter the graywater with a fine-meshed bag, some with self-cleaning canisters of clean sand and others with paper-cartridge chambers.
- Unlike the loos of old, they have self-cleaning mechanisms, so in theory they should be clean - or at least minimally unpleasant.
- Investigation proved jams resulted from not cleaning the rifle, and that it was not a self-cleaning weapon as manufacturers claimed.
- We've had the self-basting turkey and the self-cleaning oven.
- Their ovens are the only ones on the market which constantly display the temperature, and best of all, they're truly self-cleaning.
- Every housewife's dream is - drum roll, please - self-cleaning windows.
- If your manual recommends it, porcelain bowls can occasionally be cleaned in a self-cleaning oven cycle, upside down on oven racks.
- Perhaps this explains the non-appearance of the self-cleaning shower cubicle.
- All very reasonable arguments and succinctly put, but in my opinion reusable nappies still have one fatal flaw - they are not self-cleaning.
- Another new development is self-cleaning glass.
- Ultima will clean the inside of the glass panels, because the outside is coated with a self-cleaning laminate, which doesn't allow dust or dirt to settle.
- Features included a self-cleaning bath, and remote control for the TV and lights.
- At the other end of the entrance hall, the kitchen has German Shaker-style units, a self-cleaning oven, five-ring gas hob, integrated fridge-freezer and dishwasher, and polished granite worktops.
- For our third and final lift we bought a microwave, a Maytag dryer, a self-cleaning oven, and everything else we thought we might need for the rest of our lives.
- Others hate cleaning their ovens with a passion reserved for little else, and put this chore off as long as possible, even when they own self-cleaning ovens.
- However, look closely in your manual, and there will be a combination of buttons on your printer that will make your printer go through a self-cleaning process.
- Examples include the self-cleaning windows and spill-resistant pants that Bailey mentions.
- The writing is on the wall for window cleaners everywhere today, with the launch of the world's first self-cleaning glass.
- It's a self-cleaning, electric litter box, but nothing is quite so satisfying as having a human doing the scooping for you.
- In addition, the patented, automatic self-cleaning vacuum eliminates the need for filter cleaning, reducing maintenance time.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.