In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- These workshops utilize movement as a path to self-discovery and growth.
- The docks represent your point of embarkation on this voyage of self-discovery.
- The journey becomes a voyage of self-discovery.
- Finally, by facilitating self-discovery and personal growth, autobiography has therapeutic power.
- The result is a sublime and surreal saga of self-discovery and personal growth, of existential doubt and doubtful existences.
- It's a metaphor for self-discovery if ever I've seen one.
- It is the moving story of a courtesan and her voyage of self-discovery with the religious city of Kasi as the background.
- Race and locale are less important than the fact that the young characters are in the process of self-discovery.
- Amid the ever-changing scenery, the two men undergo their journeys of self-discovery, confronted by inequality and deprivation.
- It is therefore an act of self-transformation, in a continuous process of evolution and self-discovery.
- It is part of the process of self-discovery, of the very complicated moral problems Germany has with itself.
- It is a journey, a process of self-discovery and usually a solitary one.
- We take a voyage of self-discovery, and realise at the end of the journey, that we are humans with sentiments we cannot control.
- Both weave seemingly different storylines and characters into a final tapestry of emotion and self-discovery.
- The book is the result of his voyages of self-discovery.
- These last poems provide instances of self-reflection and self-discovery.
- Through self-reliance and self-discipline, the child is inspired to embark on a voyage of self-discovery.
- The process of self-discovery was involved for both of these women.
- However, on one fortunate day, Oscar gets the opportunity to play in the theatre, leading him on a path of self-discovery.
- The second uses a historical event as a departure point for a test of oneself on a voyage of self-discovery.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.