In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1autónomopor cuenta propiato be self-employed — ser trabajador autónomo
- Inspired by his love of safari animals, the self-employed builder will make the month-long trip in October this year.
- This contribution will apply to employers, employees and self-employed persons.
- How many self-employed people in small business get anything like 4 weeks' annual leave?
- It's the kind of business that many self-employed people aspire to, but few manage to achieve.
- The remaining three-quarters operated as freelance or self-employed individuals.
- Only this time, being self-employed or running the business, they take all the risks.
- More than half of all Somalis are self-employed, as herders, farmers, or independent business owners.
- They are self-employed business people who travel the country holding fairs, chiefly during the summer months.
- The price of health insurance for many self-employed workers and small businesses became unaffordable.
- When they were in government a lot of small businesses and self-employed people went bust.
- If you are self-employed or your employer does not offer benefits such as those above, there are two main areas likely to be of great relevance.
- Dividends are not liable to NICs so the worker will pay less in NICs than either a conventional employee or a self-employed person.
- However, the experience gave the self-employed businessman a day to remember for the rest of his life.
- He was working as a self-employed IT consultant and was doing well.
- Most islanders are self-employed builders, fiddle-makers, boat-makers or jewellers.
- She began as a self-employed cosmetics consultant, which involved running parties at peoples' homes.
- I work as a consultant for an insurance company, training self-employed agents to run their businesses more efficiently.
- The respondent husband is a self-employed businessman in the City of Niagara Falls.
- She is now a self-employed consultant advising on the workings of the Scottish parliament.
- Paul is a self-employed builder and joiner but keeps around 10 to 15 sows at one time in a paddock next to his bungalow.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.