In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Remember, we live in an age of advertisements and self-glorification.
- This may read like self-glorification but I write what I feel.
- I have also been a councillor, school governor and a member of various committees, all things I was asked to do rather than seeking influence over other people's lives for some kind of self-glorification.
- There was no nonsense in that briefing, no self-glorification - just an appreciation of what American soldiers can achieve and a determination to do everything possible to help them.
- All of this U.S. history was really self-glorification.
- If we are to have awards this should be in recognition of effort, work and achievement particularly in relation to the benefit of everyone, not self-glorification.
- He realises that self-denial can all too easily become self-glorification, but he is oddly blind to the hedonistic streak in epistemological narratives of extinguishing the self for the sake of fact.
- War as myth begins with blind patriotism, which is always thinly veiled self-glorification.
- If the site becomes more about self-glorification or filled with lies, you can take the opportunity to rebut the lies when they write articles.
- They show the essential pattern of self-glorification as self-aggrandizement that most interests the author.
- A host of pamphleteers, mainly based outside France, did their utmost to counter his self-glorification.
- In the paternalistic protector role, there is an exaggeration of one's power to the level of omnipotence, self-glorification, self-presumption and self-entitlement.
- Some writers are like that - they would do anything for self-glorification.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.