- If we're self-medicating, who decided to medicalise these emotions in the first place?
- Americans spend an estimated $4 billion a year to self-medicate with herbal supplements, which are not regulated by the FDA.
- We may think that we are self-medicating, but we are merely self-indulging.
- Instead, we often seek pick-me-up foods or beverages to self-medicate.
- I hate doctors, so I self-medicated, went back to work the next day, and limped around for the next 6 weeks or so while my foot slowly changed colour.
- Injured dancers who self-medicate on a regular basis with aspirin or Advil can develop problems such as ulcers or kidney damage.
- His condition remains stable and his symptoms are well controlled by anti-psychotic medication with which he self-medicates as prescribed.
- Whilst it is great that you can just wander into a pharmacy and buy all the cheap drugs you want and self-medicate with whatever you think you need, there can be a downside to all this.
- Many of the poor either self-medicate or get whatever remedies they can from local pharmacists who are the only health care providers in some rural areas.
- Older and responsible students should be allowed to self-medicate at school with OTC products and certain prescription medications.
- At first he thought he was suffering from arthritis and had been self-medicating.
- Only 6 subjects sought professional help for their perceived sleep disorder and only 4 subjects elected to self-medicate.
- Physicians should remain alert to signs of secondary headache in patients who are self-medicating frequently.
- These studies are important because patients who self-medicate with herbs need to be sure that they are getting what advertisers claim on the label.
- Ninety percent of the subjects self-medicated, usually for pain or colds.