In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- His notion of the mind as a self-regulating system is in line with modern ideas on cybernetics.
- Put another way, why wasn't the system self-regulating after all?
- Although it was at times a painful process, the system was self-regulating with participants generally operating with an appreciation for the risks of lending and speculative excess.
- The use of self-regulating mechanisms to explain long-term stability has a long history in ecology but has been notoriously difficult to demonstrate in practice.
- They say that the provincial government has seized control of the formerly self-regulating body.
- The psyche is a self-regulating system that maintains its equilibrium just as the body does.
- This is largely a self-regulating body and was set up as an alternative to Parliament's providing statutory regulations.
- Here, I formulate four rules that are generally accepted among scientists and that, if consequently applied, serve as a self-regulating system.
- The idolization of the market as a perfect, self-regulating mechanism that always leads to the best possible outcomes is as far from reality as the hopes of socialist central planners.
- The Committee concluded that a more self-regulating system was needed.
- These chemicals change the experience of pain and release other chemicals, such as hormones, that influence the body's self-regulating systems.
- A free market system is largely self-regulating and provides the best environment for promotion of opportunity, excellence, personal growth, and freedom of expression.
- If we want a self-regulating profession, then we must regulate well at every level.
- Political authorities were interested mainly in maintaining harmony within and among these different self-regulating bodies.
- If one industry is in control and has a monopoly, what is the point in having an industry body that is self-regulating?
- Accreditation of universities is in the hands of voluntary, non-governmental, self-regulating regional bodies.
- They said Bulgaria should remove its laws on insult and defamation from the criminal code, and that editors should set up a self-regulating body for the media industry.
- Its components are easy to install and provide a self-powered, self-regulating system requiring no further maintenance or monitoring.
- His particular field of interest seemed to be where previously self-regulating systems underwent irreversible change.
- What it teaches us is that this self-regulating system has no need of humanity, does not exist for the sake of humanity, and will regulate itself in ignorance of humanity's fate.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.