In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Often spouses aren't eager to relinquish their newly acquired skills of independence and self-reliance.
- He stresses the importance of self-reliance and self-realization when facing the audience.
- Those whose greatest interest is in liberty and self-reliance are lost in the shuffle.
- There is nothing like self-improvement and self-reliance.
- As time proceeds she acquires a group of racially and ethnically mixed friends and acts with courage and self-reliance.
- Economic self-reliance and moral independence still support one another.
- Discipline is, of course, strict, with the aim of helping the young people to learn to live together, build self-reliance and work as members of a team.
- State independence and individual self-reliance are touchstones of Texan society.
- These placed an emphasis on the role of charity in encouraging moral regeneration and on the virtues of self-reliance and respectability.
- Do we not realize that self-respect comes with self-reliance?
- With full employment and self-reliance, the workers' bargaining power increases.
- Part of seeking the mystery of life, surely, is finding a place within the self, of absolute calm and self-reliance.
- Through self-reliance and self-discipline, the child is inspired to embark on a voyage of self-discovery.
- Economic self-reliance was seen as synonymous with independence itself.
- They have failed to distinguish between policies that perpetrate dependency and those that promote growth and self-reliance.
- They have given up their self-reliance and so, instead of solving community problems, they now wait for the politicians to do the job.
- Due to the way my family is, I developed a strong sense of self-reliance and independence along the way.
- We need to shift power to local communities, through self-reliance and participation.
- Education was necessary to engender self-reliance and self-respect.
- Children are taught independence and self-reliance and to carefully observe the world around them.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.