In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Indeed, learning a martial art makes one self-reliant and disciplined, and also greatly boosts one's confidence.
- New Zealanders tend to be resourceful, self-reliant people.
- The natural hazards are too numerous and the climate too determinedly extreme to tolerate inhabitation by anybody but the most intrepid and self-reliant.
- He appears self-reliant and confident with some maturity.
- It's wonderful to be independent and self-reliant.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.