In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1dignidad femeninoamor propio masculino
- The real monsters are the world around her and the people in it who don't care except to take a piece of her self-respect or dignity away.
- How much would my self-respect, self-esteem, pride and sense of self-control increase?
- They care so much about what others think and then rave about national pride and self-respect in the same breath.
- No word yet on whether the kid will have an ounce of dignity, self-respect and intelligence.
- In an attempt to recover some notion of dignity and self-respect, he encourages his wife to straighten out her life.
- They were not concerned with the boundaries of the French nation, but self-respect and honour.
- Women should be allowed to develop a sense of self-respect and self-esteem, she says.
- It's about self-respect, giving people a sense of pride about their city.
- Meyer banked on his military service as a way to gain dignity and self-respect.
- One's self-image and self-respect depend very much on how one is viewed by others.
- The African-American scholars maintain their black identity with dignity and self-respect.
- He is fighting for his wife, his family, his dignity and his self-respect.
- Indonesia's dignity and self-respect are not diminished by pursuing good relations with Australia.
- They keep people alive and strip them of everything decent: honour, self-respect, and dignity.
- Eventually, his body told him the emotional blow to his self-esteem and self-respect had been too great.
- A successful fighting man must have a strong sense of pride and self-respect.
- They shouldn't lose their dignity, confidence and self-respect for another.
- It gave him pride and self-respect to bring a little money home to his parents at the end of the week.
- This completely shattered my pride and punctured my ego and self-respect.
- The words pride and self-respect recur in the manifesto.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.