In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- It is good to share with somebody, but the problem is that this desire often comes from self-satisfaction and ego-centered attachment which would never fill our heart.
- Appalled by smugness and self-satisfaction, he simply could not bear to see an Irish institution go unchallenged.
- Self-interest and self-satisfaction are replaced with self-reflection and significant improvement.
- You are all permitted a moment of pride and self-satisfaction.
- It was not intended as a path to complacency or self-satisfaction, but to questions and action.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.