In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(that seals automatically)(tire/fuel tank) de autosellado
- It had self-sealing fuel tanks in wings and fuselage, a fire-extinguishing system and a body able to take heavy punishment.
- All self-sealing fuel tanks and hoses were removed.
- The self-sealing fuel tanks are mounted in external fairings on the sides of the fuselage.
- Considerable armor, self-sealing fuel tanks and other combat updates were added.
- More weapons were to be added along with armor protection and self-sealing fuel tanks.
- With self-sealing fuel bladders and a little bit of armor, helicopters are highly resistant to small-caliber weapons.
- They got the airplanes in flying condition, or at least good enough to fly the short distance to Agra, the depot where the self-sealing fuel tanks could be repaired.
- The self-sealing fuel tanks were my idea, but it was Fiona who got the fuel mix just right and we did our first test run with only minor problems and first-degree burns.
- This tank was self-sealing, meaning that the tank was built out of a rubberized substance that would allow a bullet to pass through without sparking and then close the entry and exit holes to prevent spillage.
- The fuel tanks are self-sealing, with a fuel crossfeed system that provides continuity of supply if one of the fuel circuits fails.
- Six flexible fuel tanks with a capacity of 2,020 litres are self-sealing in the event of leakage following a crash or being pierced by projectiles.
- It was definitely a combat aircraft possessing self-sealing fuel tanks, crew armor and a ‘bullet retardant’ windscreen.
- The ability to absorb damage of the all-metal airframe combined with armor and self-sealing fuel tanks was greatly underestimated by nearly everyone.
- The self-sealing plastic fuel tank has a capacity of 540 litres.
- Three standard self-sealing fuel tanks provide a fuel capacity of 3,222 litres.
- The helicopter is fitted with self-sealing fuel tanks.
- The crash-resistant tanks are self-sealing and fitted with self-sealing lines and a digital fuel feed controller.
- The fuel system is crash-resistant and self-sealing.
- The fuel system is rated to withstand a 14m crash and the fuel tanks are self-sealing.
- The internal tanks are self-sealing rubber bag tanks in the fuselage and two integral wing tanks.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.