In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1independencia femeninoEconomía autoabastecimiento masculinoEconomía autosuficiencia femeninoEconomía autarquía femenino
- Suffering insults us by calling into question our self-sufficiency and integrity as individuals.
- What politics did was to deprive the citizen of his self-sufficiency and his freedom to choose and to act.
- This approach rejects the autonomy and self-sufficiency of neoclassical economics.
- The rules of self-sufficiency were changed yet again as oxygen was pumped in to prevent brain damage.
- Individuals must take advantage of all other means of self-sufficiency and view social assistance as an absolute last resort.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.