In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Attention span, processing speed and memory improve, as do problem-solving skills and self-understanding.
- This feel-good platform of self-understanding is a big deal to Michelle, and she's terrific at swinging conversation around to it.
- He's started with an interesting exploration of his political philosophy, in pursuit of some self-understanding.
- Throughout, Diaz pays careful attention to the gendering of this community's experience and self-understanding.
- The question of identity, the tenuous nature of self-understanding, and the seductions of self-delusion, are among her work's main themes.
- Humans have the ability to reconstruct self-understanding, an ability expressed in their self-narratives.
- Such individualism lies at the heart of Americans' self-understanding as a people but it is a new idea in Europe and it makes the French particularly uneasy.
- These sorts of skills - from information gathering to self-understanding - could be taught in primary school.
- Here he sounds like the cautious elder, advising a sympathetic intellectualism that would open people to self-understanding.
- His presence was real, part of the living tissue of our culture, our responses, our most intimate self-understanding.
- It tells the story of a mercenary who embarks on a journey of self-understanding and self-realization.
- I asked him a fairly complicated question about the historical background to modern Irish self-understanding.
- The wildness of the forest enables a navigation of the mind so that a quest for self-understanding is akin to an exploration of the living natural world.
- The self-understanding of the West has been divided since the Enlightenment.
- It is a neatly convenient justification - that even if participants are unhappy in the short term, the experience may enhance self-understanding.
- It was his view that our self-understanding and our understanding of our common situation have become ever less comprehensive, and so our capacity to respond is increasingly restricted.
- It is also the best path to self-understanding.
- Coherence is also increased by epistemological self-understanding: our understanding of why we accept the things we do.
- Its aim is self-understanding, self-acceptance and self-realisation.
- For purposes of philosophical self-understanding, however, it is important to be clear that a phenomenon such as addiction can present different kinds of obstacles in the way of our acting well.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.