- Smaller intervals were derived on the same principles, so that the octave could eventually be marked out into tones and semitones which might be combined to form other intervals.
- I remember being particularly horrified at the drop of a semitone on the word ‘Dona’.
- By the end of ‘Cromosomi’, with its tricky harmonic sequence that descends in semitones, he had the audience in the palm of his hand.
- If the given key is not so advantageous to the singer we may end up playing the work a semitone lower, which makes a great improvement.
- The subject is almost all semitones, this time expressing yearning and anticipation, rather than sorrow.