In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- With its sensual pear shape, light green buttery flesh and single large stone, the avocado is like no other fruit.
- Sex is seen as part of this sensual excess; it's not transformative or transcendent.
- She introduced him to sensual and sexual pleasure, but her continued liaisons caused him pain.
- You are bound to share sensual delights and exotic pleasures with your cherished one.
- It's such a sensual treat that I wonder if I can just get the hair wash and skip the cut altogether.
- She has this big box of sensual anger that's all neatly locked up by her superego.
- She loves text and she loves to create rich, vibrant, sensual worlds around words.
- The Moon in Pisces refers to a voluptuous and sensual nature and is often cited as indicating numerous attachments.
- Sleep is likely to be fitful while you linger in the delicious sensual afterglow.
- She took an almost sensual pleasure in snow, rubbing her nose in it, eating it, tossing it in the air, dancing in it.
- She was obviously a sensual and passionate woman who loved listening to and playing music.
- But within an hour of setting off next morning, thoughts turned from the spiritual to the sensual.
- They both still feel most at home in the water, and revel in its sensual pleasures.
- There is pure sensual pleasure in being in the water, going at my own pace, and life looks better afterwards.
- Food, I discover, is sensual, exciting and irresistibly connected with sex.
- Each seed is in a small cell of green jellyish flesh, and spooning it into your mouth is a decidedly sensual experience.
- You can have a great time with a partner, feeling aroused, sensual, intimate and loving, and not have an orgasm.
- Her voice is amazingly kaleidoscopic, its many colours opening up a world of sensual delights.
- She also sings rather well, with a husky, sensual tone hinting at a passion lurking under all those crinolines.
- His films generally concern the cruel power of obsessional love and the need for sensual pleasure.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.