In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- As more is learned about the role of coagulation and inflammation in sepsis, other therapies may emerge.
- Fever may be a marker of sepsis, localized infection, occult bacteremia, or benign illness.
- Interventional treatments should be reserved until perianal sepsis and inflammation are well controlled.
- No reports were made of wound infection or neonatal sepsis.
- Failure to do so may result in serious wound infections and possibly sepsis.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.