In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- We saw details including metal fasteners, buckles, sequins and embroidered patchwork.
- It is made of a red gauzy material with sequins and decorative beads sewn in a loopy design on the front, and, as decided, it is long with tiny straps and a small slit down one side.
- Katherine is going to wear a black tank top with sequins and dark blue jeans.
- It was made of white leather and had shiny blue sequins around the eye holes.
- Detail embroidery, retro beadwork, sequins and lace add a touch of Hollywood glamour.
- My eyes rested on a magnificent strapless light blue dress with sequins dotting the hemline.
- I was wearing a good pair of denim blue jeans and a simple beige top that had sequins decorating the front and no jewelry except for a pair of sterling silver studs.
- The small size makes the gauge convenient to cart along for measuring/adjusting/adding lines of sequins, or decorations to costumes.
- Leonora was dressed in a white trouser suit covered in sequins, with a white fake fur cape draped over padded shoulders.
- I looked down at my own dress, with the shiny threads and sequins.
- It was strapless and floor length, and was covered in shiny black sequins.
- Try one with subtle detailing, such as sequins or beads for a dressier look.
- The entire gown was scattered with pearls and sequins.
- Today I must sew sequins on more t-shirts in order to sell them tomorrow.
- Add glam to a plain white dress with shiny silver sequins / beads.
- The beetles' iridescent wings were used in the Victorian era like sequins to decorate the dresses of society women.
- He came out wearing a black suit with gold sequins.
- Beads, sequins, rhinestones, glitter, embroidery and and specialty detailing will also be a major trend, so if you love a little glamour it's definitely going to be your year.
- Crystal was wearing a black dress with tiny sequins sewn into it so that it glittered in the light.
- She had made my wedding dress and sewn sequins onto a secondhand hat.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.