In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- These work by raising the levels of the chemicals serotonin and noradrenaline in the brain, which both tend to elevate the mood.
- Tryptophan is an amino acid that serves as a precursor to the neurotransmitter serotonin.
- Both serotonin and noradrenaline are activated in the brain by anxiety-inducing circumstances.
- There is some evidence of that the neurotransmitter serotonin may play a role in this disorder.
- These physiological changes decrease patients' pain thresholds and thereby increase pain sensation, anxiety, fear, and the release of pain transmitters, such as histamines, serotonins, kinins, and prostaglandins.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.