In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(on blade, edge) dientes masculino(on leaf) borde dentado masculino
- Similar to conventional teeth, the points of the serrations provide more pressure for penetrating into hard-packed soil.
- Nor did the ancient crocodiles have tooth serrations of correct size and spacing to have made drag marks observed on some of the best-preserved bones.
- And finally, because the embryos had poorly developed teeth, they lacked the most characteristic Troodon feature - teeth with unusually large and distinctive serrations.
- The left canine preserves serrations along its posterior margin.
- It may not be so clear in this particular fossil but those serrations are teeth!
- Spinosaurines are characterized by very straight teeth lacking serrations, and lack the derived increase in dentary tooth number.
- The important variables in the analysis were edge shape, width-to-thickness ratio, and serrations.
- Also, the animal's teeth lack small serrations that appear on many of the meat-shearing, daggerlike teeth of this dinosaur's carnivorous cousins.
- The teeth are closely spaced and positioned so that the serrations are obliquely oriented relative to the long axis of the tooth row.
- The tip of his lance got caught by the serrations of her sword, and he wrenched it out of her grasp, thinking he had won.
- In addition, the number of marginal serrations was scored only in seventh leaves.
- Large, worn serrations are present on both the anterior and posterior edges of the crown.
- Buffing the back, or flat side of the serrations ever so lightly will refresh the edge.
- And, in the original description, a special point is made that Protarchaeopteryx teeth are characterized by the lack of serrations.
- Its teeth lacked the usual serrations along the edges found in other two-legged carnivorous dinosaurs.
- The points of the serrations concentrate force while the little concave sections between these points offer more cutting surface.
- The organogenic phase occurs when the leaf primordium initiates all the leaflets, lobes, and serrations seen in the mature leaf.
- Most mill files are made for right-handed people, and the serrations are angled so they will grip the steel only when pushed in a left-to-right, forward motion.
- The aggressive serrations enable the knife to waltz through tough Manila or polypro lines neatly.
- He turned the knife over so that the serrations were along the outer edge.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.