In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1.1(utensil)cubierto de servir masculino
1.2femenino fuentefemenino bandeja
1.3US (in restaurant)camarero masculinocamarera femeninomesero masculino América Latinamesera femenino América Latinamozo masculino Cono Surmoza femenino Cono Surmesonero masculino Venezuelamesonera femenino Venezuela
- At a restaurant, you are paying for an enjoyable experience with a pleasant server and good food.
- A bartender quits, a server walks, and the process starts all over again.
- The servers are presumably making more than a restaurant wage, yes?
- Use gourmet coffee and tea and teach bartenders and servers how to brew them correctly.
- New servers and bartenders are certified in NRA's Bar Code program before they hit the floor.
- Julia Stewart began her career in the food-service industry as a server at IHOP 32 years ago.
- The hostess ignored us at one point; the server didn't bring a spoon for my soup; wine, water, and bread were late.
- Food servers appeared dressed in white uniforms for the formal occasion.
- I now work at a café as a food server to support my family.
- I want to thank you the waiters, the servers everyone was so nice and kind.
- Lee waved down the server behind the counter, who seemed to have been engulfed in conversation with one of the two men seated next to us.
- He watched as a line of servers carried silver trays stacked with food in the direction the men had gone.
- The set up crew stayed behind to act as servers, which gave the host and hostess time to interact with their guests.
- I enjoy talking about food and wines with food servers and find it amusing to engage in heated debates.
- In doing so, servers and bartenders should avoid words that make the order seem excessive.
- At the large tables, the servers plunked down, with rude haste, one bowl of rice in the middle of each table.
- The menu was an all-Bulgarian affair, but the bilingual server was more than ready to assist.
- This scenario is then revealed as a drug-induced hallucination when the food server asks Harry if he wants anything else.
- Right after the server brings my food, I offer a taste to each person at the table.
- If bartenders and servers are insufficiently trained, every aspect of the operation suffers.
2Deportejugador que tiene el saque
3Religiónmonaguillo masculinoacólito masculino
- The altar servers were Ashling and Niamh Farrell and Nellie Casey.
- He also thanked the choir, the reader, the collectors, Eucharistic ministers, altar servers and all present.
- Have you considered being a cup bearer, alter server, Eucharistic minister, and/or reader?
- Our solution bases itself on a cluster of identical Linux servers, providing various network services.
- Access to reboot these servers remotely was not part of our job description.
- Access to workstations, servers or network utility rooms should be reviewed.
- Symantec plans to develop versions of the software for servers, workstations, laptops and handheld devices.
- Dell sold eight million servers, laptops and desktop computers during the quarter.
- Attacking both personal computers and network servers, the Nimda worm has already seriously affected one local business.
- It appears the issue lies with spam filtering software used by a number of internet service providers and web servers.
- A server farm is a large collection of computer network servers.
- When I go to the Macintosh, I can see the Linux server and access any file I want from it.
- By the end of next year, the dual-core product line will be broadened to servers and laptop computers, he said.
- Last year, the government blocked dozens of computer servers believed to be sending spam.
- There are also problems associated with securing and managing large numbers of servers.
- Fiorina says segments such as Unix servers and computer-repair services are making money.
- If you're running a network, you can configure, monitor and maintain anti-virus programs using your network server.
- Consequently, block storage networks only allow servers to access their own disk volumes.
- With a network server, computers can share a single telephone connection.
- Consera makes similar software for managing Windows servers.
- At the heart of your computer network sits a server.
- It is used in personal computers and servers for low-speed system management communications.
- Sales of storage systems, laptops, servers, software and printers jumped as well.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.