In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(in restaurant)servicio masculinothere is a service charge of 10% — se cobra un 10% de servicio
- Oh, and the service charge is not optional as it says on the menu.
- Maintenance of the pool and communal grounds is included in the annual service charge of €1,320.
- The three groups said waiving the service charge would be removing an income that an employee already enjoyed and it was an unfair labour practice.
- The service charge, which was paid by clients instead of giving tips, was shared between all staff and formed a substantial part of their earnings.
- Restaurants that don't add a service charge will expect a 10 per cent tip.
2(in banking)comisión femenino
3(for maintenance)masculino gastos comunesmasculino gastos de comunidad Españamasculino gastos de mantenimiento
- Offers in excess of €190,460 are sought for the apartment which is subject to a service charge of €700 per annum.
- The property comes with one designated car parking space and is subject to a service charge of around €2,170 per year.
- The annual service charge to cover the security arrangements, plus services such as refuse collection and street lighting, comes to about £1,000.
- At Carrickmines Wood in south Dublin, the owners of two-bedroom apartments pay an annual service charge of €1,800.
- The annual service charge has yet to be confirmed.
- The agent is seeking offers of over €374,573 for the apartment which measures 74 square metres and is subject to an annual service charge of €924.
- I have assessed an appropriate service charge for the property as being £1 per square foot of net accommodation.
- There is ample parking in the gated grounds outside, while the apartment is subject to an annual service charge €1,270.
- The house is subject to a service charge of about €520 per year.
- Currently, no government department has responsibility for the regulation of service charges or property management as these agreements are considered contractual.
- Owners will receive a guaranteed income each month and will not incur maintenance or service charges.
- Leaseholders will be able to take over BHA's powers to collect service charges to pay for repairs and maintenance.
- It is regrettable the final bills were delayed but lease-holders are fully aware each year the council will bill them with a service charge to cover a number of costs, including the maintenance of communal areas around their homes.
- A service charge of £525 per annum is payable by owners.
- The two-bedroom units are subject to a £275 service charge while the three-bedroom properties have an annual charge of £350.
- It is subject to a service charge of €1,524 per annum.
- The unit comes with one underground parking space and is subject to an annual service charge of around €1,080.
- Introduce a new, broadly based local property tax and rebalance service charges equitably across the entire community.
- The townhouse is liable for an annual service charge of €700.
- The apartment has a south-facing decked balcony and secure parking and is subject to a service charge of €1,300 per annum.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.