In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1vía de acceso femenino
- Areas near the new traffic-signalled junctions, a service road and a new pond are also being landscaped.
- Anyway, head up the hill and on your left will be a service road which everyone who lives in the houses uses.
- As the fire engine travelled along the A57 Liverpool Road at Barton, near Eccles, a Ford Escort emerged from a service road leading from the Makro cash and carry store.
- Spokesman Paul Hepworth said: ‘The original scheme had a service road which cyclists would have shared.’
- The proposals for a service road off Eastern Avenue which also serves homes in the area were given unanimous backing by Southend Council's traffic and parking committee.
- Skelton said the two suspects were seen running across a service road on the mountain by two plain clothes West Vancouver police detectives.
- I pulled out of the car park onto the service road.
- A 300-metre stretch of Piccadilly would be turned into a characterless service road by high, monotonous buildings.
- Almost invisible from the service road, the Tobias Grau building forms part of the second phase of Rellingen's development.
- Residents and businesses were given a list of possibilities to ease the problem, including making the service road one way and introducing speed humps.
- From Bassetts, I took the Gold Lake Highway north for nearly two miles, then followed the forest service road to Sand Pond and the Sardine Lakes.
- Her car had been parked on the service road on Summit Avenue in front of Wallace.
- This service road for the shops in Tolworth Broadway has blighted the lives of the residents of Hamilton Avenue for years.
- The new road will be a six-lane dual carriageway with two-lane service roads on either side.
- The A168 is the former southbound carriageway of the A1 dual carriageway, which became a local service road parallel with the motorway when the old road was upgraded.
- Even our service road hasn't been maintained for a couple of months now.
- In addition, the project consists of 2.3 km of inner service roads and emergency lanes.
- For easy access, however, it is usually located at the edge of an irrigated field or service road.
- The fear-stricken passengers took shelter at houses located on the service road adjoining Sarjapur Road.
- But employees dodge cars when they haul trash bins along a service road.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.