In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1estación de servicio femenino
- On a recent visit to a motorway service station, we paid 15 quid for three rotten sandwiches and undrinkable tea.
- The bike sped away from the service station after filling up with £13.90 of petrol.
- They arrive at a service station with a lot of wrecked cars and talk to a one-eyed attendant.
- Statoil on the Manor is by far the cheapest service station now on the Cork Road.
- We finally left and cruised around, searching for a service station with a live worker.
- The man drove to the service station and poured petrol from a pump over himself.
- The Services is a spoof documentary about a motorway service station in which he plays most of the characters.
- He testified his only experience was a few months of on the job training with another employee of the service station.
- Police were also called to the service station on the A64 near Tadcaster.
- He said the service station had been robbed several times in the past and that business people were under attack.
- Detectives are appealing for anyone who saw anything strange at the service station to come forward.
- He said he was seen in a nearby service station at 3.09 am, which was only a few minutes before the attack took place.
- I drove into the nearest service station and bought myself a nice, cool bottle of milk.
- Meanwhile, a Statoil service station is up and running at the development.
- The jury heard that the robberies at the service station and the post office were committed within six hours of each other last April.
- The car had been stolen earlier at a service station at Skehard Road on the southern side of the city.
- All the mechanics in the garage at the service station were standing around, listening to jazz.
- They had stopped at a service station, had something to eat and still caught up with us!
- Here is a photo of a petrol tanker at the Shell service station in Wanniassa recently.
- The firm will deliver to your home, a tyre fitter or a service station of your choice.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.