In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Here, the level of servility is truly astounding.
- The attitude of deference and servility of the senators facing them was no less nauseating.
- He never regretted his lack of servility even though he lost the interview.
- In no other does the spirit of servility and boot-licking display itself so openly and shamelessly.
- The new predominant service industries require servility over skill.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.