In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1servo masculinobefore noun servo brakes — servofrenos masculino
- servo cylinder — servocilindro
- The servos are attached to the control shaft of the hydrostatic pump on each wheel.
- I once again dismissed this because I knew the airplane had just been modified with some light servos.
- Computerized servos shift the helical gears and operate the wet clutches.
- The whining of servos continued for what seemed like an eternity, but was likely less than a minute.
- Without the generators on, the backup pump takes approximately three seconds to energize the servo.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.