In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Músicapieza que se suele tocar en determinadas ocasionesfemenino pieza obligatoriashe delivered her set piece on the ills of capitalism — soltó su discurso de siempre sobre los males del capitalismo
- This isn't an overstuffed film of sumptuously nostalgic moments and set pieces.
- The second part contains two of the film's funniest set pieces.
- Spielberg wastes precious little time in establishing the scenario and then packs the film with awe-inspiring set pieces that look devastatingly authentic.
- The set pieces and special effects are superb, again because of Jackson's unusual approach.
- Soderbergh's film makes one major change to the Solaris book of rules which allows a new twist to be added but also rules out two of the original film's set pieces.
- The remainder of the murders are set pieces, built on elaborate contraptions and ridiculously fun set-ups.
- By using plots that we are all familiar with, Hess is able to move seamlessly from silly set piece to silly set piece.
- Musical set pieces are more integrated into the action, and the focus is kept tightly on the Gordon-Pandey relationship.
- It seemed like he attempted to address it in Minority Report, but there was something overwhelming in that film's set pieces.
- The monochrome set provides a bold and striking aesthetic for the cast to work within, and the opening set piece, featuring the chorus hidden behind white masks, is a powerful, uncompromising statement of intent.
- It looks nice, plays well and has some great set pieces with the music placed to them perfectly.
- With the exception of one great set piece, this middle section of the film feels a little dull.
- These comic set pieces sweeten the icing that coats Layer Cake's underlying darkness.
- It's full of some extremely good set pieces and effects.
- For starters, most of the antislavery content dropped out of the stage shows as producers concentrated on elaborate set pieces that could entertain or enthrall audiences.
- Thus the great set piece of the novel is neither a massacre, nor a military slaughter, nor a trial and execution, but a providential visitation of the plague.
- This film has unforgettable set pieces that actually build to something.
- These films consisted of a series of music hall acts and slapstick set pieces, loosely linked by very limited narratives.
- This is a movie of low-budget set pieces, and in this regard, Cox has done a great deal with very little means.
- The jovial star is upset at the way special effects and set pieces have taken a precedence over plot or character, and feels that perhaps the producers are now seeking to replace him with a fresher, younger actor.
2Deportejugada preparada femeninojugada prefabricada femeninojugada de laboratorio femenino
- Another set-piece saw Stoke grab their fifth and final goal for the night when Iwelumo's presence seemed to unease the City defence at Risom's free-kick.
- With a third set-piece similar to Elliott's previous two efforts, Steven Hammell dispatched another commendable drive wide of the post.
- But it's impossible to play rugby without a set piece and Hadden admitted as much: ‘Our scrummage didn't front up on Saturday’.
- Neither set-piece forces Boumnijel to work, but the pressure is building.
- Shortly before half-time Ribblesdale increased the tempo, with depletion of the Cumbrian set-piece allowing more secure possession and also a more stable scrum.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.