In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1bola de set femeninopunto para set masculino Méxicoset point masculino Cono Sur
- In the tiebreaker, he finally converted on his third set point when the Swiss swatted a backhand long.
- The Russian finally clinched the set on her fourth set point when Williams dumped a tame forehand return into the net.
- Moya took a 6-3 lead in the tiebreaker, but couldn't capitalise on three set points as Agassi evened the score.
- The set saw another exchange of breaks before Escude, conqueror of Lleyton Hewitt and Sebastien Grosjean, captured it on his sixth set point in the tiebreak 7-3.
- Jamie Delgado squandered two set points before going down 7-6 6-1 6-4 to former world number three Juan Carlos Ferrero, the 23rd seed from Spain.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.