In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- I send him out to go and buy me some hairspray and some setting lotion for my hair.
- Then, finger setting lotion into your still-damp hair.
- To achieve the look, rub setting lotion through the hair and twist the longest sections.
- Apply a light gel or setting lotion to hair that is fine, slippery or does not hold styles well.
- Apply setting lotion to damp or almost dry hair on a daily basis, which will also make your hair stand out.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.