In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1adventista del Séptimo Día femenino
- After I told one of the church members I was a Seventh-Day Adventist, I noticed he was a little quiet.
- In the former case, the Court reversed the denial of unemployment benefits to a Seventh-Day Adventist who refused an offer of employment which would have required him to work on Saturdays.
- Members of newer American denominations, including Seventh-Day Adventists and some Pentecostals, also refused induction and support of the war effort in this same conflict.
- There are a small number of Uniates, Seventh-Day Adventists, Baptists, Pentecostalists, Armenian Apostolics, and Molokans.
- 7% of Bermuda's residents are Seventh-Day Adventists.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.