In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Of these 53% of children were found to be undernourished and 21% severally undernourished.
- For example, some practices are perpetuated as the members of a group are severally replaced.
- Actual power, however, is exercised through a network of security forces held severally, and competitively, at the centre.
- Further, in the partnership form individual partners are jointly and severally liable.
- Outlining the case to jurors, Ms Rector said: ‘All three are severally mentally handicapped.’
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.