In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1máquina de coser femenino
- They don't exactly have sewing machines but there is a tailor down the road who could finish them in a day.
- Use sewing machine to stitch ribbon in place from top to bottom on both edges of the ribbon.
- A universal needle can be used in all household sewing machines that accept a flat shank.
- The artist had acquired a 1959 sewing machine that did chain stitching only.
- A lounge inside is decorated with old household items, like a piano, sewing machines and white crocheted table cloths.
- Double check the threading of your sewing machine to prevent immediate stitching problems.
- Once sewing machines were available, ladies expected more and more complicated clothes to be made for them at lower prices, forgetting that there was often a lot of hand-finishing involved.
- Founded in 1862 as a manufacturer of sewing machines, Opel later built motorcycles before entering the car business.
- A sewing machine that allows for a lock stitch both top and bottom has been designed and is now available.
- About 100 employees can work at sewing machines and then hand-deliver repaired costume pieces to singers before they go on stage.
- One problem I often find with sewing machines is missing belt guards and needle guards.
- The figures of three adults, a baby and a dog are constructed of patches of cloth stitched with a sewing machine.
- Hasina, who knows certain basics of stitching, has oiled her sewing machine.
- In August 1999, while setting up for a trade show in Utah, the two men were caught in a tornado that destroyed their sewing machines and sent them diving for cover.
- Sewing was still done mostly on a Singer treadle sewing machine, though electric sewing machines became more common near the middle of the century.
- These include providing people with sewing machines for cloths making and boxes for fish and vegetable vendors.
- In twentieth century wars, factories producing agricultural machines and sewing machines were converted to build weapons.
- Thread the sewing machine with monofilament thread in the needle and thread to match the felt in the bobbin.
- Karen kept quiet and the mother superior ordered Karen to work at a sewing machine without needles for hours.
- These included sewing machines, knitting and crochet instruments and their supplies of cloth and thread.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.