In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1maníaco sexual masculinomaníaca sexual femenino
- I'm working on being a sex maniac and controversialist; I don't require the ‘reassuring feeling from knowing that my funeral expenses are in order’.
- I would have thought the answer was obvious: we're all sex maniacs now.
- I'm assuming the male actors are mostly half-witted sex maniacs kidnapped from insane asylums or junkies working for their next fix.
- This wasn't a movie about crazed sex maniacs or loose women or pregnant girls or the vice rackets.
- You are not a bad person or a sex maniac to want and expect a physical relationship.
- ‘He came across like a complete sex maniac,’ said another.
- After the Foreign Office accused him of being a thieving, drunken sex maniac, he suffered a mental breakdown and was flown back to London and admitted to St Thomas's hospital.
- This place is the last resort for the desperate and frustrated sex maniac; a society which I'm happy to say I am no longer a member of.
- He didn't want her first impression of him to be ‘He's a sex maniac.’
- And that drug, contends Vézina, ‘turns people into sex maniacs.’
- Alex's first attempt to save his friend from the rough sex maniac went sour, but he's determined to try again regardless of the consequences.
- From what I could hear one of them was telling the other that she feels her husband is a sex maniac as he is ALWAYS in the mood.
- And he quite possibly thinks you're a sex maniac.
- One woman talked to described rapists as sex maniacs who were never satisfied because they had a problem which had not been attended to.
- ‘Just because I love a boy doesn't suddenly turn me into some kind of sex maniac,’ I snap.
- You think she's holding out; she thinks you're a raging sex maniac who should really be in jail.
- If the site had contained the weirdos and whackos at school that grew up to be reprobates, drunks, sex maniacs, revolutionaries, alternative thinkers or anything else out of the so-called norm, it would have been much more interesting.
- When the party-going sex maniacs finally find the much touted ‘rave of the year’ it's an abandoned shell.
- It is where the dull become exciting, where the shy become outgoing, the prudish become kinky sex maniacs - and good on them!
- Trust the sex maniac to bring my sex life into the conversation.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.